Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Hi, welcome to God Desire. My prayer is that you find these writings and accounts an encouragement in your spiritual pilgrimage, wherever you may be. (And check out the great links, including OutcastDisciple.com - my good friend Stephen's weblog.) Press on, Ron Phil 3:14

Friday, February 09, 2007

God is Bigger

God is so much bigger than I have ever known Him to be, since I have found this truth called Calvinism. He is no longer small, as I unknowingly supposed Him to be before I found this truth, or rather God’s Spirit laid it onto my heart. He is all in all. He is sovereign over all things in heaven, on earth and under the earth. And Satan has diminished to almost nothing. There is no person in all the cosmos more bound and un-free than he. He is not that free agent I until only recently thought he was. He is bound with every turn to his own wicked nature. Not merely totally depraved, as is unregenerate mankind, but ultimately depraved, unable to make a decision outside of his own character and fallenness. And he roams about only with as much freedom as God allows him on his proverbial leash, for the sole purpose of bringing God the glory through his defeat and through our affliction for the purpose of being glorified with Christ (Rom 8:18).

11/30/06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home