Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Hi, welcome to God Desire. My prayer is that you find these writings and accounts an encouragement in your spiritual pilgrimage, wherever you may be. (And check out the great links, including OutcastDisciple.com - my good friend Stephen's weblog.) Press on, Ron Phil 3:14

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Praying from Scripture

(At the Pasadena Public Library, 9:30AM)

Lord, I begin this day in prayer. I am here to meet with You, to hear from You, to learn more about You. I am here to pray, read, enjoy and do some work. Please come here and meet with me.

John 3:18. I do trust in You, Lord. I rely, trust and believe upon You and Your unfailing Word. Satan wages way against my using fear, and among other things, a fear of judgment. But I trust You to bring me into my glorious inheritance. You are my inheritance.

Ps. 139. Wow! “You chart the path ahead of me…” (v3) You both precede and follow me (5). You place Your hand of blessing on me…I can never escape from Your Spirit! I can never get away from Your presence (7)… To You, the night shines as bright as day. Darkness and light are both alike to You (12)…How precious are Your thoughts about me, God. They are innumerable! They outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up in the morning, You are still with me! (17-18).
Thank You, Jesus, for this prayer straight from Your Word.

Ps. 119:32ff. “Lord, if You will help me, I will run to follow Your commands.”
“Turn my eyes from worthless things, and give me life through Your Word” (37). “Lord, You are mine! I promise to obey Your words. With all my heart I want Your blessings. Be merciful just as You promised” (57-58).

Written on March 11, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home