Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Hi, welcome to God Desire. My prayer is that you find these writings and accounts an encouragement in your spiritual pilgrimage, wherever you may be. (And check out the great links, including OutcastDisciple.com - my good friend Stephen's weblog.) Press on, Ron Phil 3:14

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Being the Temple of God

1 Kings 9:1-9; 1 Cor 6:19-20

“I have set apart this Temple…so that My Name is there forever…” (OT)
“Your body is the Temple of the Holy Spirit…” (NT)

God indwells my body. Has this truth ever really soaked in? The Jews viewed the Temple as heaven on earth – the one place besides heaven where the Living God made His habitat. The holy place. The Holy of Holies. God’s full magnificence dwelt there.

When Paul says, “You are the Temple…,” there’s far more to it than I often reflect. Paul, a Jew, wrote to Jews. And to a Jew, this meant all the glory, power and magnificence of God is at home in us. We are the Holy of holies.

And we walk among men!

Written on March 20, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home