Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Hi, welcome to God Desire. My prayer is that you find these writings and accounts an encouragement in your spiritual pilgrimage, wherever you may be. (And check out the great links, including OutcastDisciple.com - my good friend Stephen's weblog.) Press on, Ron Phil 3:14

Friday, February 09, 2007

A Prayer for God’s Blessing on the Day

† Sovereign Lord, I am but a man and You are God. Who am I to ever assume or presume upon Your will? I am no one. I lay my plans and goals at Your feet. You who make the ocean waves, Who causes the sun to rise and set, Who created galaxies with a word, You are more than able to determine my course this day.

When I pray according to Your will, there may be those, Lord, who question me, saying I am wishy-washy and unwilling to make a stand concerning Your will. But Lord, You have brought me to a deeper understanding of Your sovereign goodness and of the unquestionable totality of Your purposes, which will stand. “No one can stay Your hand.” You are more than able to bring about Your ordained purposes for my life this day. So I submit all my plans and goals to You.

Strip me of all the false theology and beliefs I have learned in my life about You and about my importance. You are preeminent, Your will is law, Your actions and character define rightness. You are the center of the universe physically, relationally, theologically…

Thank You for men such as John G. Paton, William Tyndale and Adoniram Judson who went before me in this history You have ordained. They were men of Godly valor, true Calvinists who knew that Your will was obedience to the Great Commandment and the Great Commission. Fate is so far removed from who You are and what You do because out of Your omnipotence flows Your absolute wisdom and love. You ordained all things from beginning to end. Your sovereign love determined all things according to Your supreme wisdom. Who am I to determine any destiny of my own when You see all things clearly from eternity to eternity. You are God. There is no other.

Spurgeon said fate has as much in common with true faith, condescendingly referred to by some as Calvinism, as God and atheism. There is no mingling of the two, though the mind of carnal man sees a likeness in them. One is chance, the other is the decree of an all-wise, all-knowing, all-loving, all-powerful King and Savior. So, Lord, this day is Yours. This last day of this short break before I am back again among the heathen who know nothing of You but claim to know all. Give me a day that is refreshing and uplifting, enlightening and rejuvenating. But more than anything, give me a day where I begrudge nothing because Your hand is in everything. I am Yours Jesus. Amen.†

1/5/07

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home